So, a lot of my friends, whose husbands are also away right now, have started up blogs recently. Something about it helping you reflect and sort out emotions..some bull crap like that. So, I figured, why not! I'm restarting this thing! Woohoo! We'll see if I actually manage to be consistent with my posts.
Anywho, as most of my friends already know, my sweet Allen is deployed again. It's our second deployment. Last time, Hannah and I stayed with my family, which made things a million times easier in some aspects and more difficult in others. After all, going from having your own two bedroom apartment to sharing a bedroom with, not only your daughter, but also you sister isn't exactly ideal. Needless to say, my family is what got me through last deployment, but they're also what made me want to rip my hair out by the end of every day. Last deployment, Allen was stationed at Camp Pendleton in northern San Diego. This deployment, we're living on the East Coast. So, although my Dad's continuous offers to fly Hannah and I back out to Hawaii are slightly tempting, nothing (I repeat, NOTHING!!! Not even Hawaii!) is worth having to travel by plane for 20+ hours by yourself with a 3 year old. I do believe that qualifies as sadistic human torture. If you've never had children, you won't understand. The 5 and a half hour flight each way, last time, was bad enough. And yes, I'm one of those moms who actually give a crap when their child is screaming bloody murder and everyone is mean mugging you because she won't zip it. =P
So, I've decided to stick out the entire thing, here, all by my lonesome. But luckily, I've developed some pretty good relationships out here with some great girls. And they will likely be my saving grace! So, besides the occasional meltdown...3 weeks in, and I've been doing pretty well managing without the presence of my beloved. Today, I have experienced a meltdown, but not the emotional/crying/self-pittied/missing-him-oh-so-deparately kind. The kind where Murphy has decided to wage war against you and you've just about had enough of his bull shit! Since Allen left, Hannah has literally been sick for over 2 weeks. (He's only been gone for 3.) First, it was pink eye. Followed by the flu and an ear infection. She was cured for about two days when she came down with pink eye AGAIN!! And she seems to have a cold now. I really think I wronged a witchcraft-practicing lady somehow, somewhere and she cursed us. I just don't understand. For those who know me well, you know I've been washing hands diligently and have gone through 5 containers of clorox wipes in this two week period (literally). And maybe that's the only reason I haven't gotten sick (excluding my chronic allergies). What is it going to take to shake this stuff?! I feel like I've been on house arrest. It's super frustrating. Luckily, the only thing that's broke so far is our internet router. Have to go buy a new one...but oh yeah, I can't! I have to keep my ill child away from others until this ridiculously contagious conjunctivitis clears up. -.- I would say "it really could get worse" (and it surely could), but if I do, Murphy will likely respond "Challenge accepted".
I know. I'm using my first post back to the "blogging scene" to complain. How cliche. But that's just the kind of day I'm having. Hopefully things will start to look up and my attitude will be better by tomorrow. I should probably eat something too. I'm hungry. And we all know how I get when I'm hungry. =P
So, there you have it, people! Being husbandless for 7 months sucks ass! =) (Someone's gotta say it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment