Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm baaaaack! Now go clean.

  Sooooo, long time, no see. Miss me? Yeah, I've decided to restart my blog. I'm so bad about keeping up with this thing. But I think if I do, it'll pay off. It'll be nice to have a record of things for the future. And I suppose my ramblings might entertain any of you who choose to actually read this crap. ;)
Anyway, you'd think my first blog post back would be long and significant or something. Nope. It's about something that I sometimes feel like my life revolves around (and I'm sure most stay-at-home-moms can concur). CLEANING. Allen and I now live in a fairly large house (at least compared to those tiny 850 square feet apartments we're used to). And I find it's a lot more to keep up with. Especially as my darling daughter gets older. She finds new ways everyday to wreck this poor house. I swear, it's worse than having a puppy. They should require additional security deposits for children. ;) So, recently on my beloved pinterest, I found a blog post about different ways to deep clean your house. Some of it didn't really apply to our house, in particular, and it was missing some things that I thought of all on my own (so proud). Naturally, I made my very own list, which caters to my own household cleaning needs. Thought I might as well share it with any of you who read this thing. And of course, just like the original list, some may or may not apply to you. But it's a good start. So, here you go:

Deep Cleaning List


  •          Scrub and sanitize oven, stove top, microwave, and run hardware pieces through dishwasher (knobs, microwave plate, etc.)
  •          Organize and scrub freezer and refrigerator
  •          Scrub all bathroom/kitchen cabinets clean (inside and out)
  •         Wipe down walls/doors
  •         Wipe all baseboards clean and run dryer wipes over them to prevent dust build up
  •          Clean windows/storm doors and anything with a glass surface (picture frames, mirrors, etc.)
  •         Clean behind and underneath all furniture
  •         Sanitize garbage disposal
  •        Wipe down door handles and light switches with disinfectant
  •     Dust/clean fan blades
  •         Wipe down all blinds/shades
  •    Scrub showers/bathroom tile
  •         Clean pillows (only 3 times a year or so)/wash bedding
  •    Wipe down/wash/sanitize Hannah’s toys
  •         Scrub/sanitize garbage & recycling cans
  •        Wipe down washer & dryer
  •    Organize closets/dressers

     There you have it. Now, I should get started. And so should you. Get off the computer and go clean your house, people.


No comments:

Post a Comment