Friday, November 26, 2010

So many updates!



So, haven't written a blog update in some time so I have a lot to tell. On the time line here, we, first and foremost, had the Marine Corps' 235th Birthday Ball. It was at the Pachanga Casino and Resort in Temecula, CA. Allen and I are so anti-social that during past balls, we usually leave after dinner and the ceremony but this time we just kind of cut loose and enjoyed ourselves. We had a great time dancing and getting silly pictures with friends. It was a nice evening...and one of the very VERY few times we've been able to go out without the little rugrat. It was a nice evening...(and I, for one, must say, Allen looked smokin' hot in those blues!! haha!)





In other news, the weekend before Hannah's November 15th birthday, we celebrated by throwing her a little birthday party up at my Grandma's house. My sister had come to visit so she was able to be there with a lot of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Unfortunately, Allen had been on ship for 2 weeks and wasn't able to be there for her birthday. =( It was bitter sweet, but I think Hannah enjoyed herself. Neither of us can believe that she's 1 years old already!! Boy! Time flies! It feels like just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital and now she's this little person, filled with so much spirit and personality. She's crawls all over the place and walks holding on to anything in arms reach. I think she'll be walking by Christmas. =) She definitely keeps the two of us busy. The other night, Allen had just gotten home from being gone for 2 weeks so we were hugging and talking and we look around for Hannah because we realized she wasn't there in the living room with us anymore....just to find her in the bathroom....playing in the toilet. I laughed so hard. Needless to say, we put her in the bathtub and scrubbed her clean. She's so much to keep up with and it'll only get worse from here, but she's our little adventure and we enjoy every second of being her parents.





Anyway, like I had mentioned, my sister came to visit Hannah and I down here while Allen was away. We had a great time! We went to the San Diego Zoo, went to the beach a couple times, got our nails done, went shopping, took a couple late-night dips into the jacuzzi, visited Old Town San Diego, threw Hannah her birthday party, visited our extended family up in Hesperia, and just had an all around blast. It was nice of her to come keep me company while Allen was away.




Anyway, in our latest news, we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. Normally, we do the traditional cook all day, slave over a hot stove, stuff our faces, and have enough left-overs to last us for a week...but this year, we decided to just hit up Hometown Buffet. Haha! And I guess we're not the only ones who had this brilliant idea because that place was packed! We then decided to hit up some Black Friday sells and so last night, we went to Wal-mart at midnight and got us some crazy deals!! We saved a butt-load of money and things we probably don't need, but it was fun regardless. Allen also decided to go to Target early this morning to grab us a couple deals there. We just couldn't pass them up!! I won't lie, we're spoiling ourselves this Christmas! Haha...but it's probably because we can actually afford to this year.

So, that's about it for our updates. It's a good life and we enjoy it!! We'll try to keep any of you nosey buggers updated better with more blog updates!!



Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. Aweee :) Hannah bug is SO beautiful Bekah.. like seriously she's so pretty! I miss you a lot! I own my own business now doing network marketing and I have a guy that lives near Oceanside who is in the biz with me. When I get my first big check (Hopefully Dec 20th) I'll be going out there to help him get rolling with his biz so I'd love to come visit! I'm not sure how far that is from San Diego but we could meet half way somewhere maybe and let Gunner and Hannah play. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep pulling up these pictures and can't help but smile. I really can't wait to see my Heiner family! We miss you all too much!

    ReplyDelete