Saturday, October 23, 2010

Update!

We haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd leave an update (for anyone who actually reads our blog). I, (Rebekah), am up in Washington right now visiting my family...which I tend to do while Allen is away for longish periods of time for work. He's been on a ship for the last week and a half, but he gets home Monday night. Hannah and I also fly home to California on Monday to make it there in time to see Allen when he walks in the door. I'm SUPER excited!! I've missed him a lot. I know....two measly, little weeks...but they seem like a lifetime without him. It's been nice spending time with my sister, brother, and Mom though. I think it cheers my mom up seeing Hannah and I. With my Dad being gone for 4 months (6 to go!), she's been feeling bummed a lot lately.

Anyway, Hannah is doing well. She's all over the place!! And into EVERYTHING! It's so much fun though! I can't believe our baby girl will be a whole year old next month!!! Time flies! And although she's only been apart of our life for the last year, I can't imagine life without her anymore. Allen and I LOVE being her parents. After Allen gets home from work, I'll be cooking dinner and he'll get down on the floor with her and crawl around while she chases him, then he'll play peek a boo behind the couch and she just laughs so hard! She lights up the minute he walks in the door. She is most definitely a Daddy's girl. Makes me jealous a bit. Haha! I love to see the two of them play together. Everything feels so perfect and I know that the two of them are my world in every way. =)

It kind of sucks because Hannah and I have been sick with sinus problems a lot the last two months. First we both had a cold, then Hannah got double ear infections, and I came down with a sinus infection...as soon as we both get healthy again, we come here and my sister gives us her cold. Blah. Hopefully we'll both start feeling better before our flight home on Monday.

It's starting to hit me that Allen is deploying in 3 and a half months. =\ He'll be gone for approximately 8 months. Sigh....It sucks and I'll worry like heck the entire time he's gone, but I'm just going to trust that the Lord will watch over him and bring him home safe. The longest we've spent apart is 5 and a half weeks (although it felt like longer because we didn't have any communication during that time)....so 8 months....it's going to blow my mind! We'll get through it though. Hannah and I are going to come live with my parents while he's away and they are moving to Hawaii soon after we come to be with them....so I'm just trying to look at it as a long tropical vacation for the rugrat and I. Enjoy the beaches and stuff. Should be fun. (Hopefully it'll be enough to keep my mind off missing Allen.)

Allen will be gone next month for nearly 3 weeks AGGGGGAINNN. He'll miss Hannah's first birthday. =( So, I'm flying my sister out during that time to be with Hannah and I. My sister's fun so it'll be a good time. =)

Welps, there's our family update. =D So all you nosey people can do your thing!

1 comment:

  1. :) You have the best family. We miss you guys so much and talk about you all the time. Love you all so much it hurts!

    ReplyDelete